The attorneys of Solow, Hartnett and Galvan know how academic immigration issues surrounding student visas are often times multi-faceted. An example of this could be that you’re in the US on an F-1 student visa but you are also looking for a tenure-track job. Another scenario could be that you have J-1 status and need help filing a 212(e) waiver to overcome the two-year home-stay requirement in order to take a job or post-doc in the United States immediately. Perhaps you find yourself in the unfortunate position of inadvertently falling out of F-1 non-immigrant status and you need to file for reinstatement of your student status. These types of issues are all things that our attorneys at Solow, Hartnett and Galvan Immigration Law are ready and willing to provide the precise advice you need at rates that are within a students’ reach.

Solow, Hartnett and Galvan Immigration Law attorneys are available to provide student organizations and schools with seminars about FAQs pertaining to immigration and being a foreign student in the United States. Our attorneys believe that this type of information should be made readily available and even provided as a public service. Accordingly, we typically provide these info sessions as a complimentary service to interested organizations and schools.

Most foreign graduate students in the United States are also faced with solving the difficult twin problem of finding an academic job in the United States while making sure that they have an immigration status that enables them to work in the United States as professors, lecturers, and researchers and we are there to ease this daunting process. The attorneys at Philly Immigration Lawyers understand the unique challenges of obtaining academic employment and they have close ties to the academic community. Our attorneys would be happy to provide you with an accurate assessment of your immigration options in the US to maximize your professional potential. The team of multi-lingual lawyers at SHG Immigration Law have many areas of experience including but not limited to the assistance with the following:

  • EB-1 self-petitions for academics and researchers of extraordinary ability
  • EB-2 petitions for outstanding professors and researchers
  • EB-2 special recruitment cases for non-tenure track university and college teachers
  • Cap-exempt H-1B petitions for non-immigrant tenure-track teaching and research petitions
  • TN visas for Mexican and Canadian academics.

If you have any questions about your options as an academic or researcher in the United States, we would be pleased to hear from you and glad to become your partners in achieving your immigration and professional objectives in the United States.